Happy Birthday to EIA!
Can you believe it’s been THREE years!? I know I can’t, but I do know I’ve loved every minute of it!
Okay, that’s a lie. In reality, there have been some good times and some bad times, but as with everything, it’s all in how you learn from them. I’d like to take this time to reflect on how this adventure has progressed over the years.
- I found NaNoWriMo
- I WON NaNoWriMo
- I have failed NaNoWriMo and learned from it
- I met many writing lovelies: AV Sanders, DefiantAndi, Paul Barrow (and countless others I have not named)
- I have learned to “Plot” and “Pants”
- I have failed writing a novel by “Plotting”
- EIA has become an LLC
- Patrons have blessed EIA with funds to carry on
- Channillo chose Beverage Therapy as a finalist in the 2015 Short Story Competition
- Multiple short stories have lost competitions
- I have written 2 finished novels
- I abandoned a third novel halfway finished
- Everyday Adventures won 2016 Best Adult Short Fiction Series and Runner-up for Best Short Story Series
- My loving Gram and one of the namesakes for Onnie passed away
- Over $200 has been donated to Child’s Play thanks to Channillo subscribers and Everyday Adventures
- I took a writing hiatus that was far longer than anticipated
- I began playing Dungeons and Dragons
- I learned to be the Dungeon Master for Dungeons and Dragons
- The Imaginary Adventures Book Club was founded in 2015
- I’ve read near to 200 books
- Dozens of books have been reviewed
This small list is just a snapshot of what has transpired over the past three years, not all fantastic and not all crippling. *raises glass* Here’s to another 3 years!