I'd like to bring to your attention a definition:
Cyberstalking is the use of the Internet or other electronic means to stalk or harass an individual, a group, or an organization. It may include false accusations, defamation, slander and libel. It may also include monitoring, threats, or gathering information that may be used to threaten or harass.
- You have a facebook right, (I mean everyone has a facebook these days, 250 million people actually, I bet you're among them), lets be friends! Have no fear, all I want to do is have every post you make push to my cell phone so I can read it within seconds of you clicking that wonderful "Post" button. I also want to keep up with where you're working and going to school, and to hold it against you when you have two minutes of free time in your day and don't use them to talk to me. Oh, and I forgot, I'd like a few of my friends to find you and friend you too. They'd like to use facebook's private messaging feature to send you mails that are accusatory, libelous, and hateful when you've done nothing to deserve it and probably don't even know who they are. What do you think, sounds like a plan right?
-Oh, you've blocked me... that makes me angry, I guess I'll post to my hundreds of friends how hateful you are, how they should all send you hate mail for treating me so poorly, and then have random strangers private message you for me.
- Can we swap email addresses? I have some really deep feelings and problems that I need to work through and I think you can help. You want to help, great! Why don't you just let me write up this seven page disquisition on why I think that my life is so difficult with you in it and how much better off I will be without you. When I'm finished, I'll send it to you and you can read it and tell me what you think.
-You think if I am that miserable, and I'd be that much better off without you I should do what's right for me and my mental health? But you're implying that I have a problem here, see that's not what I said. Here, let me re-write that disquisition and send it to you in another way, and maybe then you'll realize you're the cause of all of my life's misery and that you should fix it.
- Can we also trade phone numbers, that way I can talk with you faster and easier! Now, in between those long emails I'm writing you I can send you text messages too, see instant feedback!
-You've blocked my number because you were tired of the negativity? Well aren't you selfish.
- Do you have a website, I'd love to follow your personal development and growth, I'm so proud of you. I just can't get enough of your day to day life and I'd love to be a part of it, oh I know... a few years ago I sent you that long email that said how much knowing you was causing me to want to kill myself, but I think I'm better now. You've forgotten about it right? It's water under the bridge... oh... It's not? Damn.
-I guess I'll buy every domain name that is associated with your name, your businesses, and your loved ones. I know! I'll put hateful, subliminal re-directs on them and you'll know it was me, then I can sit at home stroking my little dog and cackling, knowing I have caused you pain.
- What about twitter, you're on twitter all the time right, I can catch up with you there then. Since you've found a way to block all of my other way of communicating with you how about I try this. What do you mean it's for your business and is tied to a career you are trying to build. Does that mean I shouldn't reply to them and air my dirty laundry there? How about I argue with your followers about how fake you are and call you all highly offensive, that's okay right?
-You've used twitter's block feature on my accounts! Well the joke's on you, I can post all I want and there's nothing you can do about it. You're just writing as a hobby anyway so it doesn't matter if I screw with it.
You felt uncomfortable with one or more of the questions I asked you, and you don't want to be my friend? You feel violated, threatened, and disrespected ...but...but.
Yeah, well, I don't want to know you either Cyberstalker, so how about we make a pact. You lose my phone number, my pen name, my real name, and how you think I owe you something. In return, I'll wish you a beautiful rest of your life, and you can go get the help you so desperately need.
Contact a lawyer to discuss your options and contact your local police department if you feel your life is being threatened.